Having served with the department for over 28 years, I take very seriously the health and well-being of everyone who lives, works and plays in Riverside County.
We offer a wide range of services and programs, with a staff of 700 doctors, nurses, health educators, nutritionists, communicable disease and community program pecialists, managers and fiscal and support staff.
Public Health Organizational Chart (PDF)
Ours is certainly a large department, but we aim to treat each client and visitor with care that is as unique and individualized as possible.
Our mission is simple: to promote and protect the health of all county residents and visitors in service of the well-being of the community.
It's all part of our vision for healthy people and a healthy community!
Susan Harrington, M.S., R.D.
Director, County of Riverside Department of Public Health
|2012-2016 Mission, Goals & Strategic Plan
The County of Riverside Department of Public Health promotes and protects the health of all County residents and visitors in service of the well-being of the community.
Create Healthy Communities
- Improve community safety
- Ensure access to clean air and water, healthy food and housing
- Improve neighborhood planning efforts that promote health
Promote Healthy Behaviors
- Reduce obesity-related chronic disease
- Reduce the use of tobacco, alcohol and drugs
- Reduce preventable illnesses
Connect and Invest in People
- Increase access to education and employment opportunities
- Improve health outcomes and health equity and create commitment to addressing social determinants of health
- Leverage and strengthen innovative collaboration
- Realize the potential of staff through recruitment, development and retention of a qualified workforce
- Deliver public health services within a responsive and effective system
- Improve access to timely and understandable health information
| Ten Essential Services of Public Health: Riverside County
What is Public Health in Riverside County?
Read the report created to answer this question